Sunday, May 18, 2014

The Light of Christ

Today, as I attended my Sunday church meeting, a continual message kept popping up with each person who spoke. Each of the speakers had a common theme of bringing others unto Christ, even if it is just one soul. A scripture was quoted that can better summarize this recurring theme:
Doctrine and Covenants 18:15-16


 15 And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!
 16 And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me!
A question was asked by one of the speakers that I want to invite all of you to consider. He asked this: 
"Can you think of a person who's life would be better with the light of Christ in it?" 
Of course, we all thought of someone, as we as Christians firmly believe that everyones life would be better with the presence of the light of Christ. He then invited us to write down the person that popped into our heads. I invite you to do the same. 
The purpose of this exercise was to inform us that that person didn't just come out of no where; it came from the Holy Ghost. Your mind was directed to that person, or that family, because you might be the only person in this world that can help them find the light of Christ, even if it be for the first time, or for the hundredth time. 
Being an example of Christ is the best tool you can use when trying to bring others unto Christ. If you're trying to bring others unto Christ, yet you're not trying to live as an example of Christ, how do you expect them to develop that light? 
This message is a short one, but I felt that it needed to be shared. I hope that you are able to find the courage to bring others unto Christ. If you're struggling to find the light of Christ yourself, I pray that you will utilize the tools that we have been given, such as scripture, to find that light. The resources are there for you. 
I want to leave you with a quote that was said by Jeffery R. Holland that will hopefully give you that push to prayer for your answers, whether you are trying to be an example of Christ, or if you're trying to gain belief and a testimony of him. 


No comments:

Post a Comment